Melinda Boyd – My Work
Nutrition Publications/Poster Presentations/Webinars
- Global Food and Nutrition Resource Hub webinar, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation, June 2017
- Boyd M, Byham-Gray L, Touger-Decker R, Marcus AF, King C. Research interest and research involvement among US registered dietitian nutritionists. Top Clin Nutr. 2016;31(3):267-277.
- Boyd M. Vegetarian diets in pregnancy and lactation. Vegetarian Nutrition Update. Volume XXVIII, Number 1, 2016.
- Boyd M. Gastric bypass surgery and nutritional support: A case study. Poster session presented at: Malaysian Dietitians’ Association and American Overseas Dietetic Association conference, Translating evidence-based into skills and competencies. 2016 May 26-28.
- Nutrition and Cancer Management presentation, Sinai Hospital, Alvin & Lois Lapidus Cancer Institute, October 2015
- Boyd M, Marcus AF, Byham-Gray L, King C, Touger-Decker R. Research Interest and Research Involvement Among US Registered Dietitians. Poster session presented at: Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo 2015. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2015 Oct 4. Nashville, TN.
- Boyd M. (June 18, 2015). Sushi Basics. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website. http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/lifestyle/culture-and-traditions/sushi-basics
- Boyd M. International travel as a vegetarian. Vegetarian Nutrition Update. Volume XXII, Number 3, 2014.
- Boyd M. Think Global, Act Local- Best Practices Around the World: Food and Nutrition Member Shares her Experience with WIC Overseas. American Public Health Association, Food and Nutrition Section Newsletter. Fall 2013. http://action.apha.org/site/DocServer/EDITEDFNFall2013.pdf?docID=6224
- Boyd M. A review of the role and implications of herbal galactagogue use to aid in sustaining breastfeeding. Poster session presented at: SPRINT. Malaysian Dietitians’ Association Scientific Conference 2013. 2013 Jun 21-23; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Boyd M. The role of supplemental chromium on glucose intolerance and insulin resistance. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 2013; 28(2):171-180. doi: 10.1097/TIN.0b013e31828d7bb1
- Boyd M. Train Your Brain to Get Thin. Avon, MA: Adams Media; 2013.